Demolition Company in Godalming, Guildford and the Surrounding Areas
Committed to providing the highest level of service, F.E.M Groundworks Ltd carries out professional demolition for projects across Godalming and Guildford. Whether making major changes to a property, or clearing structures for new builds, it is important to hire an experienced demolition company, such as us, to ensure work is safe and effective.
Demolition involves dismantling buildings either completely or partially. It requires careful planning and strict adherence to relevant legislation, including Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, which help manage and monitor health and safety.
All our demolition and groundworks contractors have complete understanding of necessary rules and regulations, ensuring your project is expertly handled, with continuous communication throughout the process.
Many demolition projects in Godalming and Guildford do not require prior approval, but it is important to bear in mind that new buildings will need planning permission.
Some instances when approval will be necessary include the demolition of:
- Pubs & Drinking Establishments
- Buildings in Conservation Areas
- Structures as Part of Site Redevelopment
- Buildings Where the Scale of Work Requires an Environmental Impact Assessment
Even if demolition falls within permitted development rights, you must get approval to demolish from your local planning authority, giving them at least six weeks' notice.
Our experienced groundworks contractors are always happy to advise on requirements for individual projects, so don’t hesitate to contact us on 07870 280218, no matter the size of the job.
As a professional demolition company, we carry out every stage of demolition to the highest standards of safety and efficiency. Using suitable, specialist equipment, customers have complete peace of mind that projects will run smoothly and reliably.
The services we regularly provide as a demolition company in Godalming, Guildford and the surrounding areas include:
- Cutting off and capping services, such as electricity, gas, water and sewage connections
- Site protection in the form of fencing & scaffolding, if necessary
- Soft stripping loose items, kitchens, cabling, plumbing and other systems
- Removal of windows, doors, mouldings and structural timbers
- Stripping roof and lead flashings
- Demolition of walls, salvaging materials and removing waste
No matter the project, it is important to make sure hazardous materials, such as asbestos, are dealt with by licensed waste handlers in order to protect workers and the environment.
As experienced groundworks contractors, we also provide all industry services you require following demolition, including foundations and drainage preparation.